Thursday, October 22, 2015

I don't always vote, but when I do I vote for Aaron Richardson

Some elections are trickier than others. Where I'm from we don't even have elections. We just have crazy queens filled with flower induced rage playing croquet and lopping off heads. But here in Pascoland, things are better. We choose our leaders and when we don't like what they do, we vote them out.

Man am I tired!

I'm tired of our school board president, Ryan Brault. I'm tired of his lack of leadership. I'm tired of the way he never appears to have an original thought and only does the bidding of the queen...er...I mean the superintendent.

I'm tired of him silencing the public. I'm tired of him not allowing people to speak in board meetings, at boundary discussions, or during the superintendent search.

I'm tired of the way he treats teachers. I'm tired of how he took teachers to court. I'm tired of how he illegally changed the day and time of a school board meeting. I'm tired of how he refused to come to the negotiating table and work with teachers. I'm tired of how he tried to withhold teacher pay and benefits during the strike.

I'm tired of how he lies to the public. Is it a kinder center? Is it something else? Was it on the bond? Did it pass? Did it fail? Ask President Brault questions about our recent Levies and Bonds and depending on the day you'll get a different answer. Is he deceiving us, or just himself?

But most of all I'm tired of a leader who doesn't even believe in the families he serves. He doesn't believe parents can participate in their children's education. He doesn't believe parents can be trusted to make good decisions for their own children.

Bottom line, I'm tired of Ryan Brault!

Thankfully there is a solution.

Dr.Aaron Richardson is a familiar face to many people in our community. Not only is he a pediatrician to hundreds of Pasco's children, but he is also a regular speaker at board meetings and district meetings of all kinds. If you been to any Pasco event lately you've probably seen him.

When teachers decided to participate in a walk out last spring, Aaron Richardson was there to speak in support of our teachers and our students.

This spring he also visited every single school in the district. When teachers went on strike, their concerns were not news to him. He had already be speaking with teachers about the problems they faced and asking questions to help work toward solutions.

All summer long Aaron held meetings (in both Spanish and English) at various parks to get to know more parents and their concerns. Aaron Richardson has five children, the oldest three attend school in Pasco. He understands what is going on in our schools because he has seen it first hand with his own children.

Aaron Richardson believes that every child can be successful if given the right opportunities. However, Aaron also believes that those opportunities are best found in the home. A child with an involved family will likely be more successful than a child without. That's why Aaron Richardson will work hard to help ALL families participate in their child's education. Aaron doesn't believe that the district always knows best. He believes in helping parents to take an active role in making decisions that impact their child's education.


(photo credit unknown)




No comments:

Post a Comment