Thursday, November 26, 2015

why we love our principals

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to tell you something I am truly grateful for today. Good administrators!
Nothing changes a school's culture faster than a good admin, and Pasco has some of the best. I don't know them all personally, so I asked you lovely readers to give a shout out to your favorite admin, and this is the response I got.





"I choose Barbara Pierce at Twain. She stands with her teachers, makes it very clear that she wants to help us all be successful so we can help our students be successful. She does not talk down to teachers nor play favorites. Barbara loves being at school with the kids and the teachers. She works behind the scenes in so many ways we will never know but we do know that she is fighting for us. We are VERY LUCKY AND BLESSED to have here"

"I second that! There are many great princpals, but Mrs. Pierce is amazing! We missed her when she left McLoughlin but know some elementary kids (and teachers) were lucky to have her!"





"I love Mr. Wallwork at Chiawana. He attends all student events, not just sports. He came to a silent auction fundraiser for the marching band. Just a great guy... speaking as a parent."

"Agreed. John Wallwork is amazing! I don't know how he does it, but he seems to be at EVERY event!"

"He's a pretty awesome and supportive boss too! I concur with you."

"We loved him at McLoughlin, but then he moved.  :(  "

"I have to agree on John Wallwork. Not only does he attend NUMEROUS events, I'm thinking he and his family probably live in a bus just to travel from school function to school funtion. They also get to know each and every kid (it seems) on a personal level as well as the families. He is definitely a GREAT FIT for our High School."

"It's great to see him at so many different school functions. He was great when he was at McLoughlin as well."






"My favortie vice princiapal is Shannon Lockard at Ochoa... She cares about kids and teachers! "





"My favorite principal is Jaime Morales at McClintock... he is no nonsense and has integrity."

"I am really enjoying Mr. Morales. He has helped a lot with getting my son back in school. He was having a hard day and he took him on a walk until he was calm enough to go back to class."




"Mrs. Sparks was great at Livingston."



"Mrs. Aragon was good when she was at Twain."



"I loved working with Victor Silva and Scott Raab."



"Mr. Mahaffey is the best!"



"Mrs. Cissne!"




I'm sure there are many, many other great admins out there, and we thank you all. Thank you for taking time to get to know our kids. Thank you for treating your teachers as professionals and equals. Thank you for being awesome.









No comments:

Post a Comment