Saturday, January 23, 2016

Who's Fault is it Anyway?

Somebody dropped the baby.


I think you did it.
You think I did it.
I say it's your fault.
You say it's my fault.
I bring up all the times in the past where you have been responsible for dropping the baby.
You mention that my negative attitude is the reason you dropped him in the first place.
I point out that you just admitted that you dropped him.
You point out that it's still all my fault.

Meanwhile.......

The baby is still on the floor crying!

This proverbial baby is our current levy. It hasn't even been dropped, but people are already pointing fingers at who's fault it is.








I have heard more fingers pointed in the past few months (yes, I'm so attuned to the community that I can literally hear a finger being pointed!) than ever before.


The school board has said if the levy fails, it will be because of the teachers' strike.

PAE has said that if the levy fails it will be because the school district hasn't fully supported it.

District administrators have said the if the levy fails it will be because the community is in such a state of unrest.

Voters have said if the levy fails it is because people are so unhappy with the way the district is spending our money.

People trolling this page have said that if the levy fails it will be because of this blog.

It almost feels like people want the levy to fail just so they can keep pointing fingers at each other.

Meanwhile.... the baby is still on the floor crying!


The blame game is making me sick. Well, that's not literally true but it is still unproductive. Solutions people! We need solutions!

It doesn't matter who's fault it is.

If the levy fails, our children will suffer.

IF THE LEVY FAILS, OUR CHILDREN WILL SUFFER.


OUR CHILDREN WILL SUFFER.
Image result for over dramatic child crying
We took levy and levy equalization dollars from this child and observed the reaction.


If you are angry at teachers for going on strike, great. Write them a letter and let them know how you feel. Then vote YES on the levy.

If you are angry at the district for how they spend your money, great. Write them a letter and let them know how you feel. Then vote YES on the levy.

If you are angry at the union for causing contention, great. Write them a letter and let them know how you feel. Then vote YES on the levy.

If you are angry at the school board for their mixed up priorities, great. Write them a letter and let them know how you feel. Then vote YES on the levy.

If you are an angry troll who doesn't like my blog, great. Write me a letter and let me know how you feel. Then vote YES on the levy.

Most of the time I like to present information, make suggestions, and let you decide. But this isn't one of those times. I have one opinion and I want you to share it.

Vote YES on the levy.



1 comment: