Sunday, August 23, 2015

The story of the Five Little Pigs


     Once upon a time there were five little pigs. The five pigs lived together with their mother in a large brick house. The little pigs were very good. They always obeyed their mother. The pigs were very happy together. 

    One day the little pigs asked if they could play outside. Mother Pig said, "Oh no! It is dangerous out there. Angry and selfish wolves are waiting to eat you. Stay inside and be safe."  
     "Angry wolves?" cried the little pigs.
     "Don't worry, my children," said Mother Pig. "You are all safe with me."

    One day there was a knock at the door.  "Who could that be?" cried the pigs. Mother Pig peaked through the curtain.  "It's a wolf," said Mother Pig. "Hide!" 
     The little pigs huddled in the corner waiting for the wolf to leave.     The wolf knocked louder. And louder. And louder! The five little pigs stayed quiet, and eventually the wolf went away.  "What good little pigs you are," said Mother Pig.

     Many happy days went by in the little brick house.  Eventually Mother Pig ran out of flour.  "I need to run to the market," said Mother Pig. "When I get home, I will bake you a cake!" And away she went. Mother Pig had only been gone a few minutes when the little pigs heard a knock on the door.

     "It's a wolf!" cried the five little pigs. "Let's hide."

     "I know you're in there pigs," huffed the wolf. "Please open the door. I need help," puffed the wolf.


     The first little pig turned to his brothers and sisters and asked, "Should we open the door?"
     The second little pig cried, "No! Mother Pig would never allow it. It's not safe!"
     The third little pig said, "I'm curious to know what this wolf wants."
     The fourth little pig sighed, "I wish we could help him."
     The fifth little pig just cried.



     "Won't you help me little pigs?" huffed the wolf even louder.

     The first little pig unlocked the door, and the five little pigs poked their heads cautiously out the door.  "Quickly!" puffed the wolf. "Your haystack is on fire, we need to put it out or it will catch your whole house on fire!"
     "Our haystack in on fire?" asked the first little pig with his eyes wide.
     "You don't want to eat us?" asked the second little pig as he trembled in fear. 
     "You're trying to help us?" asked the third little pig.
     "What should we do?" asked the fourth little pig, and the fifth little pig sniffed back a tear.
    

     "Grab water and blankets and follow me," huffed the wolf.  The little pigs grabbed blankets and water and ran after the wolf.    The wolf and the pigs ran to the haystack. They soaked the blankets in the bucket of water and used it to cover the flames. The wolf huffed and puffed as he worked to pat the flames out. The little pigs watched with surprise. When the flames were all gone, the wolf turned back to the little pigs and smiled. Then he sat down on the grass to rest. The little pigs stared at the wolf.

     "We thought you were an angry, selfish wolf," said the first little pig.
     "You scared us," said the second little pig.
     "You were yelling so loud," said the third little pig.
     "And you were huffing and puffing," said the fourth little pig.
     "We didn't think we should trust you." said the fifth little pig.

     "I saw your haystack was on fire, so I came to warn you," said the wolf.  "I was only yelling so loud because I thought you couldn't hear me. And I was only huffing and puffing because I was tired from trying to put the fire out all by myself. I'm sorry I scared you, but I was scared too. "

     Just then mother pig came home carrying a sack of flour. Entering the yard she saw her little pigs sitting in the grass with the wolf, and she passed out cold.  The first little pig picked up the sack of flour. The second little pig turned to the wolf, "Would you like to come inside for some cake?"  The three other pigs picked up mother pig, and the wolf smiled as they all went into the house.









-As parents, teachers, and community members we are here to help make schools better. We are not the enemy. The more you push us away, however, the louder we will get. So open the door and let us in, we are here to help.

  



    



No comments:

Post a Comment